Llandovery College 6th Form
Llandovery College offers a Sixth Form experience that is hard to beat. These last two years of your school education can be the very best of your entire school life. Here at Llandovery we take the future of your educational journey when you leave us as seriously as we take your AS and A level courses. The 6th Form is a time of research and exploration as pupils are encouraged to aspire to top Universities.
A number of new initiatives are being introduced. These include: training in public speaking, an external visiting speakers programme, debating and team building activities. 6th Formers hold a position of authority and respect across the school which enhances their confidence when entering the world of higher education and the working world beyond. School uniform develops into a smart suit for boys and girls, distinguishing the 6th Form from the rest of the school. The sixth form common room which includes a supervised bar with dedicated staff, leather sofas, flat screen TV and pool table is a facility to which the 6th Form enjoys privileged access.
What you can expect:
- first-class facilities
- very strong academic results with most pupils going on to their university of first choice
- opportunities to excel academically, on the sports field, in performing arts, outdoor pursuits and much more
- a wide-ranging curriculum with over 25 subjects available at AS and A2
- inspirational external guest speaker programme
- individual, tailored learning in very small class sizes - averaging less than 7 pupils per class
- 45+ acre campus with access to a well-equipped gym and weights room, golf course, boating lake, fishing, pool tables,
- elite conditioning and fitness coaching and a vast range of sports and activities on offer
- ample opportunities to learn beyond the classroom and add power to your CV: highest completion rates for Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme at 96%, thriving Combined Cadet Force, positions of school-wide responsibility and charity work
- less formal relationships with teachers, working together in an atmosphere of mutual respect and support
- extended recreation time and town leave
- worldwide trips and sporting tours
- superb UCAS and careers advice ensure a smooth, informed transition to the next stage of the journey.